Wednesday 14 August 2013

Langley Dam! - (DAMN!)

I woke up this morning eager to get some more fishing under my belt, I checked the weather report and it was due to be cloudy, Perfect! I fancied a local fishery today, So I headed up to Langley Dam with my grandad Tommy!.



As we arrived I noticed a few boats in the water, But nobody was bringing in any fish! We paid our way and tackled up, We found a neat little spot in the first corner you come too, I decided to try a Rainbow Cats Whisker, Earlier on in the season I caught a few brownies on the local River Tyne with wet flies which contained these Rainbow beads, So I swear by them now!



After an hour or two of watching the fish rising and constant casting I finally had a take, And to say I got the freight of my life is an understatement, with fishing on the River Derwent catching small Brown Trout I'm not used to takes this superior!, I had a combined battle of adrenaline and trout, After around 5mins of trying to tire this fish out it got the better of me and spat out my fly! At first I thought the bugger had taken my fly also but It was still on! I was disappointed but it did give me and a lot of the others around me renewed hope.



As the day went on I kept an eye on these two fellows, Unfortunately I didn't have the pleasure of meeting these but I was impressed with how many fish they were catching. Having lost some focus on my fishing and watching everybody else, I decided to begin casting again, There was a lot of rises right in front of me and to the left and right there was 3 of us casting into similar area's trying to get a fish to at least have a sniff at our flies. None of us had any luck, Just as I thought this I had another take! It was a fish of a similar size, Again I failed to land this one, I'm sure why I couldn't land these fish, But then again I am using a 8'6" Orvis Streamline 2   #5, As it says in the name its built for streams, Very hard to "play" the big fish, I have managed before but not with fish anywhere near this size!.


I had a great day out at Langley Dam today and I can see how it is so highly rated, I am sure I will return in the future but for now I am more than happy with sticking to the River!.

I would recommend this fishery to you all, If anybody gets the chance it is a must go. If you are interested in fishing here, Check out: LangleyDam.co.uk there you will find the location, prices, photographs and even tips on what flies are working and which ones are not!

Thank you for reading, Stay tuned for more updates from me.



No comments:

Post a Comment