Saturday 1 June 2013

Naworth Fishery, Brampton (Trip 2)

Hello there!

This morning I woke up at the crack of dawn! Well, 04:30am.. I was wide awake and had no plans so I decided to have another go up at the very highly rated Naworth Fishery and I am pleased I did!

This is the view (LEFT) from the Jetty (RIGHT) in which I spent a good 5hours at!

Up on arrival I have a habit of checking through the latest Catch and Return sheets to see which flies caught the most etc etc.. I studied through these papers and noticed alot was caught on lures! and funny enough.. I have just stocked up on my lures!
Everything was going right for me so far and I couldn't wait to get a few casts in! I threw on my Fishing Vest, Cap, Landing Net and grabbed my rod, It was really busy! well busy for 07:30am anyway.
Since my rod is only 8'6'' I just leave it all set up in my Land Rover, To save setting it up and putting it away on every outing. I checked which Fly I had tied on and It was a beautiful little Lure which was given to me by a Fly Fishermen the last time I was up here! I thought i'd have a few casts to see how it does, I checked my watch it was around 07:40am. I done a few casts to straighten up my line and leader again and then before I know it its 08:00am and I am proud to say! "IV HOOKED ONE!", After a couple of mins of tiring the fish I managed to land it securely! I quickly pulled out my camera with a huge grin in order to take this shot! The first picture wasnt the best as it was wriggling too much! Lovely 2 1/2lb Rainbow Trout! I took my photo's, Admired the fish and then gently released it back into the water! Jobs a good'un!
As I mentioned a kind Fisherman give me one of his lures on the last journey, I managed to get a quick snap of the Fly also in order to remind you and I to order a box full! Absolutely wonderful Lure! Well I would say that though as its my first Rainbow Trout of the season!
 Green sparkly body with a Orange and a hint of Green tail, Also the beads in the middle are multicolored. My favorite Lure by far! And no its not only because I got it free!

It took me another couple of  hours before I landed my next fish, Same jetty, Same Fly, Same fish probably! 

I did managed to hook 3 more Rainbow Trout but they kept winning the battle with my Fly pinging off and the crafty little trout spitting out the flies! But I must say I thoroughly enjoyed the day, As it was unplanned! Hoping for more days like this sometime soon, I will be bringing you some reports on the River Derwent again when I am back from my vacation, I can now proudly announce that I am a member of D.A.A (Derwent Angling Association).

Look forward to meeting a few of you guys up there sometime, Or maybe I already have met you? Anyway, Keep safe and if you have no luck just keep trying! I did and look what happened!


No comments:

Post a Comment